- University of Maryland, Current Academic/Research Appointments
- Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742 USA
- Professor, Applied Math & Statistics, & Scientific Computation Program, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742 USA
-Affiliate, Institute for Systems Research
- Other, Current Academic/Research Appointments
-Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
-Research Professor, DIW (German Institute for Economic Research), Berlin, Germany
- University of Maryland, Previous Academic/Research Appointments
-Full Professor, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Maryland (2000-2015)
--Faculty Director, Master of Engineering and Public Policy Program, University of Maryland, (2009-2013)
--Affiliate, School of Public Policy
- Other, Previous Academic/Research Appointments
- Professeur Invité Trottier, Institut de L'Énergie Trottier, Montréal, Canada (2014-2015)
-Visiting Researcher, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC (2014-2015)
-Gilbert White Fellow, Resources for the Future, Washington, DC (2007-2008)
- Current Editorial Appointments
-Member of Editorial Board, ASCE Journal of Energy Engineering, 2013-present.
-Associate Editor, Optimization and Engineering, 2013-present
-Associate Editor, Energy Strategy Reviews, 2014-present
- Previous Editorial Appointments
-Associate Editor , Energy Economics, 2006-2012.
-Associate Editor for Energy, Operations Research, 1999-2006.
-Area Editor for Energy, Networks and Spatial Economics, 1999-2014.
Ph.D., Mathematical Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University, 1992.
M.A., Mathematical Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University, 1989.
M.S., Operations Research, Stanford University, 1984.
B.A., French (concentration: Applied Mathematics), Middlebury College, 1981.